Friday, January 2, 2009

The web...it knows me...

RSS feeders are my single most favorite discovery of 2008. So much relatable, useful content, brought right to your browser with Internet Explorer 7.
Today's favorites:
  1. My hero writes me a letter on the day that I finish edits on two submissions to my college literary magazine
  2. Book Club Girl brings me someone to tell me it's okay, we all feel that way sometimes.
  3. And my buddy J. A. K. gives me more help on my new goals. I've been devouring his hugenormous The Newbie's Guide to Publishing and at page 275 I'm about 1/3 of the way through it. Since there's no classes offered in literary publicity, I'm marking this as resource number 1. And unlike the hundreds of dollars (no exaggeration) that I spend for textbooks every semester, the pdf is free and practically 100% useful--no color diagrams or bullshit "calculus in the business world" testimonials.

So what are you waiting for? Go learn!!

No comments: